The rise of King Content, Part Two: (I was pretty gruff in part one.)
Did you LOVE that listicle like headline and upcaping? Well of course you did. It is not even a coherent statement but most are not! It is the
reason hard news (not EXTRA type entertainment infotainment ‘news’) is dying or much less profitable on the internet than its previous dead tree incarnation. TV was immune from this until I saw CNN interviewing Dennis Rodman again today. ‘BREAKING NEWS Dennis Rodman is a total mess and a walking talking train wreck,’ this not NOT news, just content (and not really my taste.)
Adapt or die. I am not certain that the rise of content and the death of hard news are certain, but Beiber beating NSA spying is showing you
even the live TV crews are moving away from real actual news into King Content in a BiG WaY.
Is there any good news? Well, yea, blogger who have wanted to get paid working and making and breaking news even Agg’ing news can get paid. There just needs to be some sugar and brain candy with raw broccoli and cauliflower hard news and let procedural news go. Process stories that use to be the bread and of media companies cannot compete online, period. Business and foreign affairs attract nerdy niches and even these bastions have grasped the concept of King Content better than most (The Economist for one).
Beiber, Bourdain, cats, dogs, memes, Rodman, and the speed of twitter have destroyed process journalism and the model every 50+ Editor or Managing Editor (even those that are good humored, worth there salt and pension.) Admit it and move forward.
Let me know what you think.
Ping me @jdellinger
The Rise of King Content Part One
This was a recent response I had pot on a private message in regards to the Washington Post‘s renewed interest in online blogging and monetizing of content online and efforts I have seen to date. Feel free to comment of share.
I am very skeptical of dead tree, dead enders that need to take their fat union pensions and go, still really get how making money online works (Even with Bezos on top now) from blogging. They say they do, but monetization is still a problem for HuffPo or hyperlocal Patch and Examiner.com …. Why are you not?
This thread seemed an appropriate spot for this note. We are really helping conservative bloggers get themselves paid and maintain control of their own voice and websites, but we do offer tons of services and tools that only larger players get access to share and members help member gain strong linkbacks and etc fairly quickly even if it is a new site.
Proud to tell you....
In its 7th annual Inc. 500|5000 exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies, the illustrious magazine placed Liberty Alliance at #25 amongst all media companies and #1726 overall.
And the ONLY conservative content specialists.
Hacktivists friends, quit talking about entrepreneurship or WAITING for some 501(c)3 donors, or billionaires to bankroll YOU via , get on it.
We are the gym, we provide the tools and training, even nutrition, but the partner has to do the work to get the hard body, to crush liberalism. Yes, those who write more and are better at digital marketing do better. .
Our new partners friends at Liberty Unyielding is early in the process to earn well….
Where our friends on these sites are now huge business on their own, but are stronger with us and each others help.
Sites US People US People % Global People Global People %
clashdaily.com 2,948,796 30.2% 4,315,333 37.4%
theblacksphere.net 2,027,462 20.7% 2,118,630 18.4%
allenbwest.com 1,800,399 18.4% 1,826,668 15.8%
joeforamerica.com 1,727,384 17.7% 1,824,501 15.8%
BUT, our earning per pageview or earning per email metric will be larger with us than in the wilderness on your own. Period.
If you don’t believe me check out our Liberty Alliance Network quantcast rankings and stats.
Try that my former employers (or check your current one) who even ditched their well respected local angle (but web local content is still have a tough go at monetizing) to double down on politics and writing talent and a low circ “Influencer Rag.”(The house ad ridden low circ mag to influencers is not the earner it should be and is lacking the ads from those K ST players that fill the others who publish in the space.)
Look if you are interested… Or just testing the waters…
Here is our membership application.
Or feel free to reach out. Or give us a shout at CPAC we will be around….
We also provide a number of services ala carte via a newly launched venture if full partnership is not needed nor desired (but ad networks, back office, redesign or is desired to name a few services.)
Director of Content Marketing
Liberty Alliance LLC
(More of an audio than a video but bear with it. It will rock your current understanding of the Benghazi scandal. CV)
An attorney for the Benghazi whistleblowers says that some 400 surface to air missles (SAMs) were ‘taken from Libya’ during the terror attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.
He added that the U.S. intelligence community is terrified they might be used to shoot down airliners.
Joe diGenova, whose wife Victoria Toensing — a former deputy assistant attorney general — also represents Benghazi witnesses and others with knowledge of the terror attack, told WMAL radio that the loss of those missiles is also one the reasons the U.S. State Department shut down 19 embassies across the Middle East last week.
‘A lot of people have come forward to share information with us,’ he said during the radio station’s ‘Mornings On The Mall’ program Monday morning.
‘We have learned that one of the reasons the administration is so deeply concerned’ is that ‘there were 400 surface-to-air missiles stolen, and that they are … in the hands of many people, and that the biggest fear in the U.S. intelligence community is that one of these missiles will be used to shoot down an airliner. 400 missiles, surface-to-air missiles, taken from Libya.’
Asked if the missiles are now ‘in the hands of al-Qaeda operatives,’ DiGenova replied, ‘That is what these people are telling us.’
DiGenova said his sources are ‘former intelligence officials who stay in constant contact with people in the Special Ops and intelligence community.’
‘And it’s pretty clear that the biggest concern right now are 400 missiles which have been diverted in Libya and have gotten in the hands of some very ugly people.’
diGenova said that while he was uncertain whether the stolen weapons were being kept at the U.S. Consulate’s CIA annex, ‘it is clear that the annex was somehow involved in the process of the distribution of those missiles.’
‘They were afraid that there was going to be a missile attack on one of the embassies. Remember, you can take a shoulder-held missile and shoot it into an embassy. Not just into the sky.’ ‘That’s what this was all about,’ he insisted. ‘That’s why they’re so worried. That’s why they have lied repeatedly about what happened in Benghazi, because they are now responsible for all of the stepchildren of violence that happens as a result of this. This is a very serious matter.’
- Attorney for Benghazi Whistleblower: 400 US Missiles Stolen In Benghazi (freedomoutpost.com)
- 400 Missiles Stolen in Benghazi… 20,000 Missiles Stolen in Tripoli… 20,000 M-16s Stolen in Kuwait… Related? (freedomoutpost.com)
- New revelation explains why no Benghazi air support? (conservativebyte.com)
- 400 US Surface-to-Air Missiles Went Missing in Benghazi (conservativebyte.com)
- Benghazi Ripple Effect (politichicks.tv)
- Issa denies knowledge of CIA gun-running operation in Benghazi (conservativebyte.com)
- 400 Missiles Stolen in Benghazi… 20,000 Missiles Stolen in Tripoli… 20,000 M-16s Stolen in Kuwait… Related? (MinutemenNews.com)
- Benghazi Whistleblower: 400 Surface-To-Air Missiles “Stolen” By Terrorists (politicaloutcast.com)
If you must live, work, and play in urban DC a great place just came on the market. The place this gentleman called home for a number of years. Many fond memories here but now its for some one lucky out there in internet land to enjoy her. It is a coop and centrally located, hope you swing by and check it out this weekend.
On Concrete Jungle DC
- DC Population and Housing Trends Bode Well for US Central Cities (sustainablecitiescollective.com)
- What to do this Week in DC: August 12-15th, 2013 (socialdcpr.wordpress.com)
- Redfin Now Lets Sellers Test The Price Of Their Homes Before They Hit The Market (techcrunch.com)
- Bored of the suburbs, baby boomers head to cities (cbsnews.com)
Zo has had it with CNN’s Piers Morgan. He has also had it with Anthony Weiner. Hear why as he dissects the minds and logical perversions of American liberalism.
- Aide to Anthony Weiner apologizes for criticism of former intern who wrote about campaign – @TPM (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Dan Rather on Anthony Weiner: “Nobody in New York wants a T-shirt that says ‘Keep New York Creepy'” (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- How “The Dirty” dug up the latest Anthony Weiner texts: “She came to me…she was a fan of the site” (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- Anthony Weiner Mayoral Campaign News: Aide Apologizes After Calling Former Intern Profanities (latinospost.com)
- Anthony D. Weiner and his Wiener (michiganexchange.wordpress.com)
- Rachel Jeantel Appears on CNN’s ‘Piers Morgan’ (VIDEO) (foxync.com)
- Star Jones on Anthony Weiner: “He’s one tick away from being just a complete perv” (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- Anthony Weiner Spokeswoman Apologizes For Calling Former Intern A “Slutbag” (buzzfeed.com)
- Matthew Perry Takes Over As Host Of Piers Morgan’s Talk Show (contactmusic.com)
- Top Anthony Weiner Aide Goes On Stunning Expletive-Laden Rant About Former Campaign Intern (businessinsider.com)
Not a fan so much. The whole rock star thing…. Yea not so good, pretty insulting, but I guess people will read the article now. And that, was the real point of doing something so tasteless.
Look, have you ever been a bad intern or had one work for you? I get it. This probably wins the, “did you get fired from your internship this summer list” returning to University in the fall question. But is it a poor reflection of the intern, the producer or the on air talent? I am not really sure, I understand live developing news is among the hardest and most stressful element of the news game, but…. really?
We should also remember this when discussing whether the gov should force private and public employers to pay interns. Just read the lefty zemanta abouts below. Sigh.
- Internships must be Paid (restreaming.me)
- Unpaid Internships: A Necessary Evil (225amblog.com)
- Unpaid internship experiences under national scrutiny (elonpendulum.com)
- “Let’s Do Lunch” with Darius the Intern – I Don’t Have Any Experience (ualbanycareerservices.wordpress.com)
- “This is embarrassing, but you’re at my apartment.” (itsakellz.wordpress.com)
- Finance Internship Program Announced by FJP Investment Ltd (news.fjpinvestment.com)
- John Landgrave (cbsinteractiveintern.wordpress.com)
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Offering an Internship (bootstrappist.com)
- Internships: Pros and Cons (universityy101.wordpress.com)
- 5 Tips to Knock Your Internship Out of the Park (bernardoberndsen.wordpress.com)
This was an unreal upset to watch today. Love grass court upsets…